Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Chapter 14, Cornelius Fudge discussion continues as I reveal my favorite foreshadow moments, give and take some house points, and call out what I thought was Riddikulus!
- “Riddle might have got the wrong person,” said Hermione. “Maybe it was some other monster that was attacking people. . . .” “How many monsters d’you think this place can hold?” Ron asked dully. “We always knew Hagrid had been expelled,” said Harry miserably. “And the attacks must’ve stopped after Hagrid was kicked out. Otherwise, Riddle wouldn’t have got his award.”
- “Look at it from my point of view,” said Fudge, fidgeting with his bowler. “I’m under a lot of pressure. Got to be seen to be doing something. If it turns out it wasn’t Hagrid, he’ll be back and no more said. But I’ve got to take him. Got to. Wouldn’t be doing my duty —”
- “See here, Malfoy, if Dumbledore can’t stop them,” said Fudge, whose upper lip was sweating now, “I mean to say, who can?” “That remains to be seen,” said Mr. Malfoy with a nasty smile. “But as all twelve of us have voted —” Hagrid leapt to his feet, his shaggy black head grazing the ceiling. “An’ how many did yeh have ter threaten an’ blackmail before they agreed, Malfoy, eh?” he roared.
- “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me. You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.”
I’m giving house points to:
- Hermione for solving the whole damn book and getting petrified in the process - 50
I’m taking house points away from:
- Ginny for stealing the diary back when the attacks would have stopped otherwise - that’s my theory anyway 35
- Ron and Harry - for letting Hermione go alone and giving a shit about quidditch instead of going with her and heaven forbid going for help when they knew an attack was imminent 25 each
- Fudge for being an idiot and taking Hagrid to jail 20
- Malfoy for getting Dumbledore suspended 30
- Dumbledore for not going scorched earth and shutting all this shit down when you know he could have 20
- Harry and Ron let Hermione go to the library alone when they knew a muggleborn was about to be attacked because… quidditch
- Cornelius fudges incompetence is only a glimpse of what’s to come
- Lucious Malfoy being able to just show up with a note and Dumbledore is suspended
- The fact that it took this long for Hogwarts to go on lockdown in the first place
If you enjoy podcast and want more benefits and content, BECOME A PATRON: https://www.patreon.com/BelatedBinge
I'd also love for you to join the discussion by leaving a voicemail on my website: https://www.belatedbinge.com/
Find Belated Binge on social media:
Thanks for listening!!!!
--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/belated-binge/support